Never not reblog. Never.
Just what I need before work. My daily dose of sexy Manu.
Thus, the logic of the feminist argument to “Teach men not to rape” is revealed.
Yes because it’s such a radical notion to expect rapists to control themselves.
This analogy is terrible because
- When someone reports a robbery and the police come, they don’t find out the home owner’s door was left unlocked and decide a crime didn’t take place or imply that the home owner was literally asking to be robbed. They still treat it like a crime and search for the guilty part regardless of the actions of the homeowners.
- The percentage of the general population that commits home invasion and burglary is FAR lower than the percentage of people who commit rape, and studies show the vast majority of people who commit rape don’t consider it rape. (A coerced or unconscious person is seen as consenting for example).
- Educating people on the concept of consent and how to respect bodily autonomy is not some huge overask, it’s like a very basic thing that would take very little time and impact the world in huge ways.
- HOUSES ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS, AND HAVING SOME BELONGINGS STOLEN IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED AND HAVE YOUR BODILY AUTONOMY VIOLATED.
5. People will turn to theft when living under various systems of oppression to get by, while rape is used as a tool for oppression.
The leg up at the end tho.
I like the coach, putting his hands on his knees like, “Welp, that wasn’t it.”
i was almost like “oh man that sucks” and then her leg popped and i fucking lost it
That leg is killing me
THE LEG KILLED ME
falling with style
i reblogged this a million times and i still dont know what it’s funnier: the leg or the coach
the fact that the coach is her father makes this funnier
New photos depict horrific conditions at border detention center
June 17, 2014
New photos released by Rep. Henry Cuellar’s (D-Texas) office depict the unsanitary and cramped living conditions that undocumented immigrants, many of whom are unaccompanied children, are experiencing in a detention center near the U.S.-Mexico border.
The photos were first published by Business Insider on Monday. Cuellar’s office declined to tell the website who took the photos and where exactly they were taken.
President Barack Obama has previously called the buildup of unaccompanied minors at temporary border facilities an “urgent humanitarian situation,” and the government has directed considerable resources to housing and caring for the children. Customs and Border Protection, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security, is supposed to turn over minors to the Department of Health and Human Services within three days, but many children are remaining in detention facilities for longer periods due to the massive influx.
Breitbart Texas released photos of the crisis in early June that showed the undocumented immigrants living in tight, hard-floored spaces. CBP is currently investigating reports that minors have been mistreated at those facilities.
Cuellar, who toured a detention facility in McAllen, Texas, on Saturday with local officials, said in a press release on Monday that he believes federal officers “are doing all that they can under the circumstances to ensure every migrant is treated with dignity and respect.”
"There is no strong protocol in place for dealing with Central American immigrants and some of the most important work left is to improve the process for returning them to their home countries," he said. “The United States needs to do a better job in working with Mexico to strengthen their southern border and to work with the Central American countries of Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.”
Vice President Joe Biden is set to travel to Latin America on Friday and will address the surge at the border.
Obama can call this an urgent humanitarian situation all he’d like. His record number of deportations speaks louder than any meaningless lip service.
Nearly 50,000 unaccompanied minors have crossed the border & detained in these torturous conditions since Oct. 1. This is a state-sanctioned humanitarian crisis & government child abuse.
REFUGEES NOT IMMIGRANTS. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
It fucking hurts to see this because THIS is what two of my cousins are being forced to sleep in right now. They were migrating from El Salvador and have been caught at the Texas border. The two have been separated, and are at two different detention centers in Texas. We know where my younger cousin is, but we do not know the whereabouts of my older cousin. They left home nearly a month and a half ago, have travelled through Mexico, and finally crossed, only to get caught shortly after. Please keep them and all migrant families in your thoughts and prayers, because this stuff is not easy to go through.
GAME OF THRONES - YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW
by Giulia Airoldi